PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
2019 Entry Rules
1. Open to Nigerians aged 27 years and below. By Nigerians we mean, citizens of Nigeria based in Nigeria.
2. Submit one piece in one out of the three categories: poetry, prose or visual art/photography. Entrants can only send in pieces in only one of the following categories: Poetry, Prose (Nonfiction or Fiction), Play (Scriptwriting) and Visual Art/Photography. Entrants who send entries in more than one category shall be automatically disqualified.
3. For poetry, we accept only one poem per entrant. Poem should not be more than 33 lines and must be sent in a single Microsoft Word document. Name of entrant MUST not be found anywhere in the body of the works as our judges review all entries anonymously to ensure total transparency.
4. For Prose (Nonfiction or Fiction), we accept only one (1) entry per entrant. Word count: 1000 words maximum.
5. Play/Script should be between 1 to 3 page length (3 pages maximum).
For Visual Art/Photography, only one photograph/painting/cartoon/digital art is acceptable, per entrant. Entry must be ORIGINAL WORK of the entrant. We are anti-plagiarism! Picture/painting/cartoon/digital art entry must be saved in high resolution jpg/jpeg format before onward submission.
6. Literary pieces should be single spaced. Font type: Cambria. Font size: 12 pts.
7. All entries must be previously UNPUBLISHED. Previously published works, print or electronic, will Not be accepted.
8. Alongside your submission, also attach a scanned copy of an acceptable means of identification. We accept any of the following means of identification: INEC Voter’s Card, NPC Birth Certificate, National ID Card, or ECOWAS (International) Passport.
9. Entry documents should be labelled as follows before submission. Surname of entrant_ZI Prize.doc for Word Documents and Surname of entrant_ZI Prize.jpeg for pictorial entries. For example: Ehizogie_ZI Prize.doc or Ehizogie_ZI Prize.jpeg.
Note: entries not labelled in the above format will be automatically disqualified.
10. Email your entry to Theziprize@gmail.com
Your email should be titled as follows: Surname of entrant_ZI Prize_category. For example: Ehizogie_ZI Prize_Prose or Ehizogie_ZI Prize_Poetry or Ehizogie_ZI Prize_Visual Art…
11. Entry opens June 1st and closes June 30th by 12noon.
12. A longlist of twelve will be released in August, followed immediately by a shortlist of five. The Winner and two runner-up prizes shall be announced and awarded in September at The Assemblage, an Arts and Lifestyle Concert (in Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma) where winning works will be displayed to a larger audience. Only winners will be contacted via Email.
13. All entries on the longlist shall be published into a chapbook and each author of such entries shall be entitled to a free copy of the chapbook, autographed by Artistic Director of the Prize, upon publication. By entry for The ZI Prize, you give us rights to publish your work, in print or electronic formats.
14. Under no circumstances can alterations be made to entries once entered.
15. Entry is FREE, without any charge.
Note: There’s NO SPECIFIC THEME, but our judges are interested in stories that point towards that which unites humanity rather than divides us.